Bun’s Beauty Tips: Top 5 Skincare Mistakes
People always want to have beautiful skin but unfortunately, many are damaging their skin more than helping it! Here are some common skincare mistakes that you can easily correct to get healthier looking skin.
- Not removing your make up completely. This can lead to some serious breakouts, clogged pores and long term damage to your skin. Always remove both your eye and face make up, then follow up with a facial cleanser.
- Not using sunscreen. Exposing your skin to sun can lead to premature aging and wrinkles, as well as skin cancer. You can still get a small tan while using sun screen (if you want a natural glow), but it’s much better to embrace your natural skin color and use safer alternatives, like bronzers and self-tanners.
- Not moisturizing. Moisturizers are essential to prevent dry, flaky skin and premature aging. Even if you have oily skin, you should never skip moisturizer because your skin might overcompensate by producing more oil.
- Over-exfoliating. Even if you don’t have sensitive skin, you should avoid exfoliating too much and using harsh cleaning methods. Scratchy scrubs and harsh brushes can damage your skin and should be used sparingly. Chemical exfoliants, like ones contain glycolic acid, are better alternatives that will exfoliate without damaging your skin.
- Picking your blemishes. Popping and picking pimples can not only lead to more breakouts, but it can leave behind scarring and redness you’ll have to deal with for the rest of your life.
And as a bonus tip: If you ever put a product on your face and it stings (not just tingles), take it off immediately! Your skin is probably having a reaction and it might lead to breakouts and irritation later.