Birchbox & Ipsy - July
Birchbox gave me a whopping 6 products this month and for the first time, I didn’t get a single hair product. I did get a nail polish in both bags, even though I have so many polishes now, I’ve lost track. Overall, I think I got a good variety of products and I liked most of them. The Ipsy bag was a bit ugly, though, and felt really cheap.
Here’s what I thought of the individual products.
- Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream - I like the texture of this and the fact that it has sunscreen. The coverage is very light, though, and it doesn’t do much color correcting. It’s a nice base underneath my foundation, though.
- Marcelle New-Age 8 in 1 Power Serum - Ugh, I hate serums; they usually do nothing. I usually try them once and throw them away I wish I could tell Birchbox to stop sending me them!.
- RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer in Relic - I’ve used polishes from this company before and really liked it. This color is a bit unremarkable, though; it’s a beige metallic color.
- RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes - Woohoo, I love nail polish remover pads but I’m too cheap to ever buy them. These are nice and easy to use; two thumbs up.
- Naobay Body Radiance Lotion - This lotion is pretty basic but has all the qualities I like in a lotion: a nice smell, a moisturizing formula and a non-greasy texture.
- Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette Sampler - Wow, I really love these eyeshadows. They’re super pigmented and easy to wear, plus the colors are very flattering on my skintone and work well together. The four colors included are a matte beige, a shimmery beige, a shimmery champagne pink, and a shimmery purple-brown. It’s so great for an everyday look and I expect I’ll use it a lot.
- bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Barely Nude - This eyeshadow is very creamy, pigmented and blends well. The color pretty much matches my skintone, so it evens out the color of my lids and looks really natural. It’s supposed to have a lot of other benefits, too. It didn’t work the greatest as a primer, but I think it’ll be great for no-makeup makeup days. I don’t think I’d buy a full size, though.
- Clear Clinic Laboratories Vanished Clear Spot Treatment - Wow, this stuff burns and tingles on contact! It might be the witch hazel. The tingling sensation didn’t wear off for a while after applying it. It’s pretty much just salicylic acid, though, so I expect it’ll work similarly to other products with that ingredient.
- Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink - This lip balm is supposed to change colors to a “personalized” pink. Now, usually these self-adjusting colors in makeup are a gimmicky load of crap, so I don’t really buy into it. However, it is moisturizing and the pink color it ends up being is pretty subtle and natural.
- Pur~lisse pur~protect Essential Daily Moisturizer - I like this moisturizer because it has SPF in it. Usually I rely on my BB cream for SPF, but I can wear this on days where I want to skip a lot of make up.
- Models Own Nail Polish in Read Sea - I’m so turned-off by this super glittery red color that I’m not even going to try it. Sorry, this looks like something I’d give to a pre-teen girl instead.
Foundation brushes: There are hundreds of foundation brushes on the market all of which create different effects and finishes, you don’t need all of them but a good foundation and concealer brush are always handy to have (plus they can be used to apply a multitude of products!)
A great guide for face brushes.