Birchbox & Ipsy - October
October was an interesting month for my subscription boxes! I got some real winners (like the beautyblender) but there were a couple of big duds too. I also thought Ipsy’s chiclet teal bag was super cute! Overall, a better month than usual.
- beautyblender & Deluxe Solid Cleanser - Whoa, a beautyblender?! Birchbox has hit the jackpot because these things are pricey. So happy to get this, plus it includes a cleanser too.
- Camille Beckman Tuscan Honey Glycerin Hand Therapy - This stuff is actually great. It’s pretty thick but it soaks into your hands really quickly, making them super soft and moisturized. The scent is subtle, too.
- dr. brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner - I used this once and it didn’t seem to do anything. It just kind of dried out my skin and made it feel stiff. I ended up throwing it out.
- Harvey Prince Petaly Noir Perfume - This stuff is heavier than I expected from a floral perfume. I suspect it’s because it contains musk, which is kind of this spicy, heavy scent. I feel like animals would chase me if I wore this.
- Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black - At first, I was upset that I got another black liner, but this one has glitter in it. The glitter is subtle and the color isn’t a true black, but it seems nice for a party. It goes on pretty smoothly (the texture is soft) but it doesn’t seem to have any lasting power.
- ECRU New York Acacia Protein BB Cream for Hair - This was very moisturizing, but did make my hair feel more greasy by the end of the day. Maybe I need to use a lot less but it’s probably just not meant for fine hair like mine.
- Epice International Purifying Exfoliant - Exfoliants are pretty harsh on the skin, although this one doesn’t irritate my skin that much. It’d be good to do on a weekly basis, if you have a lot of dull/dry skin. I feel like the beads in the scrub are bad for the environment, though.
- Figs & Rouge Hand Cream in Rose Berry - I always get at least one cream every month; I have so many now! This one smells kind of like Pixi Sticks, which surprised me, but it’s also very moisturizing and non-greasy. I like the texture, but hate the smell.
- Jesse’s Girl Mineralized Baked Shadow Powder in Plum Frost - This color looks nice in the pan (like a metallic frost), but when you apply it, it’s more like a warm brown/bronze metallic color. It’s a bit too warm for me. It’s also hard to pick up the color from the pan and not that pigmented. (Why does Ipsy like Jesse’s Girl products so much?)
- Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure - I actually liked this gloss. The color is on the sheer side, but it matches my natural lip color almost perfectly. It’s also not streaky and not overly sticky, but isn’t that long lasting. It’s a good option for days when I want to look natural, but with a slight shine.