Bun’s Beauty Tips: Top 5 Skincare Mistakes
People always want to have beautiful skin but unfortunately, many are damaging their skin more than helping it! Here are some common skincare mistakes that you can easily correct to get healthier looking skin.
- Not removing your make up completely. This can lead to some serious breakouts, clogged pores and long term damage to your skin. Always remove both your eye and face make up, then follow up with a facial cleanser.
- Not using sunscreen. Exposing your skin to sun can lead to premature aging and wrinkles, as well as skin cancer. You can still get a small tan while using sun screen (if you want a natural glow), but it’s much better to embrace your natural skin color and use safer alternatives, like bronzers and self-tanners.
- Not moisturizing. Moisturizers are essential to prevent dry, flaky skin and premature aging. Even if you have oily skin, you should never skip moisturizer because your skin might overcompensate by producing more oil.
- Over-exfoliating. Even if you don’t have sensitive skin, you should avoid exfoliating too much and using harsh cleaning methods. Scratchy scrubs and harsh brushes can damage your skin and should be used sparingly. Chemical exfoliants, like ones contain glycolic acid, are better alternatives that will exfoliate without damaging your skin.
- Picking your blemishes. Popping and picking pimples can not only lead to more breakouts, but it can leave behind scarring and redness you’ll have to deal with for the rest of your life.
And as a bonus tip: If you ever put a product on your face and it stings (not just tingles), take it off immediately! Your skin is probably having a reaction and it might lead to breakouts and irritation later.
Wayne Goss - Powder Before Foundation Trick
I’ve seen a lot of people raving about this technique recently, boasting about how it makes their foundation looks flawless and it lasts all day. I’ve tried it with pressed powder (since I don’t have any loose powder right now) and actually got pretty decent results. (Though I think it doesn’t help my oily skin problem) Have you tried it yet?
Backstage at Kenzo, M∙A∙C AW14 Paris Fashion Week
I absolutely love that graphic bright blue eyeliner! Paris Fashion Week is definitely the place to see the most fashion forward make up.
Birchbox & Ipsy Glam Bag - March
Wow, what an ugly Ipsy bag. I almost wish I could opt out of the bags because inevitably they all just get stuffed in a drawer, never to be used. Overall, this month was all right. Ipsy only had 4 products, but 2 were full size. Birchbox focused mostly on non-make up products. Overall, nothing that particularly wowed me, but I’ll use a few.
- Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum - Why call this a serum? It’s essentially a sunscreen/moisturizer combo. We could all use more sunscreen and this one is nice and light.
- INIKA Certified Organic Eyeliner in Green Lagoon - I don’t usually like pencil liners, but this one seems to have a nice texture. I’m not a fan of the color, which is kind of an emerald green, though.
- Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo - I like this shampoo! It’s light and leaves my hair feeling clean, plus it doesn’t make my hair super oily. Great for fine hair.
- Grand Central Beauty SMART Skin Perfecting Serum & Primer - Hmm … yeah, I don’t think this does anything. I tried it a little, but ended up throwing out the rest. I always groan when I get a “serum” because they tend to be useless.
- Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream - “BB” things are really popular, no? This cream is pretty much a self-tanning lotion; the “perfecting” part comes from the color change. I have used Jergens self-tanning products before, so this will be nice to warm up my legs for upcoming dress weather.
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready - I’ve sampled this lipstick before with great results. What I love about it is that its both pigmented and moisturizing! I would definitely consider buying this. However, the color itself doesn’t suit me well; it’s a warm pink and looks odd against my skintone.
- Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer - I’ve liked Pixi’s primers in the past. I don’t use primers ever, but when I have to, I use a Pixi one. This one will be good to keep around, although I don’t think I’ll use it much.
- Nicole by OPI Roughles in On What Grounds - More nail polish! This color is all right, a sort of Easter egg blue, but it’s supposed to have a rough texture and you’re not supposed to use a top coat. I guess it’s worth trying out?
- Be a Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad - These eyeshadows are super pigmented and I like their texture. However, the colors are so not for me. I might save it to use the blue color, but I tend to stay away from overly gold/bronze colors like these.